Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Who am I anyway?

Who am I anyway?  I am sure if you are reading this you are wondering that very thing.  I am a wife, a mother, a fitness junkie,  now a blogger and most importantly a child of God. In my spare time (which oddly enough I don't have alot of)  I teach group fitness and I am a certified personal trainer with MWS Fitness - my mission being to help others realize a better quality of life through healthy choices and most importantly Move With Strength... which is the MWS in the name of my business and this blog.  I believe that God blessed me with certain life experiences that have led me to this point and that it is my purpose to share those perspectives and experiences with others.

I grew up (lets be honest) a fat kid.   I was not plump or fluffy - I was fat.   I carried 170 pounds on my 5'2" frame.   Now I am not saying that 170 lbs is fat but for me and my body type it was.  At the age of 14 I was in a size 16 pant!  I can remember having to shop at adult clothing stores when I was very young because of my size.   I was miserable.   The baggage I carried because of my weight was at times suffocating and I was not what you would call fat and happy.   I realized about the age of 14 that my body was not the way it was supposed to be but unfortunately I had no idea how to change it.  I grew up in a home where each night of the week was a different fast food... fried chicken on Monday, hamburgers and fries on Wednesday and lets not forget pizza on Friday ( the sad thing is the employees at these restaurants new our family and our order before we even said it - we ate there alot).   On top of that I filled my glass with soda ( 2 or 3 a day) and finished my day with a large bowl of ice cream - mint chocolate chip to be exact.   I assumed this was the normal diet... I was so very wrong.  

I came to the realization after struggling through high school as the girl with the pretty face that this was no longer the person I wanted to be.   I vowed to do whatever it took to transform my body into what it was intended to be.   I have tried it all... every diet, every exercise, binging purging, not eating - everything.  What I found was that the only consistent and long lasting results I obtained were when I got real about diet and exercise. 
So I got real and I got fit and I have stayed that way for 10 plus years.   I am proud to say that I have delt with several stress inducing family crises and the birth of a child and have been able to maintain the changes even with events that can cause weight gain.   I feel that what I have accomplished in regards to health and fitness helped me get through those times... it definitely helped with the birth of my child and loosing that baby weight!!
In the end those life experiences and choices led me to this point... the point at which I feel compelled to share my story with others and help others make those changes that will forever alter there life,  through my business, my blog and my story. 

WHEWWWWW!!!! That was a long one... now that we have that cleared up I hope you will continue to follow my blog.  I plan on using this platform to share my insight and tips in regards to health and fitness.  I hope that this will empower others to make powerful changes in their own lives as well. 
For now - see you soon and get out there and Move With Strength!!

No comments:

Post a Comment